METHODS FOR A PROPER RESTORATION
These are the methods we follow for our restoration works:
- Analysis of the all structural components of the wooden object.
- Analysis of the different types of wood concerning the inner and external components.
- Analysis of the surfaces, patinas and accumulated dirt in order to make proper final protections such as polishing, waxing and lacquering.
- Initial photografic documents.
- Photografic documents during the restoration work.
- The real restoration phase: structural consolidation, integration of missed parts, disinfestation from pathogens, final protection.
- Great care over the selection and use of the different types of wood.
- Drawing up of a final scientific report about all the foregoing points. It will include the photografic documents and the scientific reports if the relevant supervisors require them.